Models from left to right, back row: Tanya Pellett, Paula Pellett, Tanisha Spahan, Charity Joe, Judith Pete wearing Ringing Bell Robes by Linda Kay Peters Model: Front row: Heather Lewis
Hand painted mask: Artist Erik Prytula
Photo: Gary Ridsdale
Hair and Makeup Artist: Darlene Masi of Headhunters On Seymour
Concept: Kim Coltman of Fashion Speaks International
VOLUNTEER POSITIONS AVAILABLE
1: Fashion designers assistants (12 positions)
You will be required to assist the fashion designer with anything they may need while they are in Kamloops for the Resurrection Fashion Show and Gala event. This may include, but not be limited to:
* Ironing/steaming garments
* Getting coffee
* Ordering taxis/driving
* Carrying garment bags
* Putting garments in order of runway appearance
* Making phone calls
Those with sewing skills will be given preference, but it is not mandatory.
2: Dressers (24 positions)
Male and female dressers are required.
Dressers are required to assist models doing rapid clothing changes. You will help models get into and out of clothing without getting makeup on the garments or messing their hair and makeup.
You will be responsible to:
* Make sure the garments do not touch the ground
* Make sure that the garments do not get dirty or stained
* Make sure that all of the buttons, zippers and other closures are done up properly
* Help models get their shoes on
* Help model get their accessories on
* Help the designers organize the clothing in the order of appearance on the runway
* Help designers with making sure there are no threads hanging from the garments
* And whatever else might be deemed necessary behind the scenes
Greeters take tickets and jackets as well as assist anyone needing help finding their seat.
4. Backstage Managers ( 2 positions available)
Working under our backstage manager Cheryllee Mckenny you will ensure that all models are ready for the runway as scheduled.
One position will be assigned to the female dressing room and the other to the male. You will be responsible for making sure that the models are in the correct lineup for the runway.
5. Elders assistants (4 positions available **)
You will assist any Elders that attend the event by helping them to their seats, getting them drinks if they require, making sure they can get up and down any stairs that might be there.
**You must be 19 years of age or older, in case the Elder would like a drink with alcohol.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please fill out a volunteer form and be sure to put the name of the position you would like on the form. You can find the form on our "Jobs" link on this page.
If you are interested in being a volunteer, you must be available as needed for this event.
The Resurrection Fashion Show and Gala will be held on September 21, 2019 at Thompson Rivers University in Kamloops, BC.
All proceeds from this show will go to Native Women's Association of Canada for Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women.
You can also find an application on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/fsimodelsandtalent/